28 November 2010

Welcome Home Sagers!

I had the honor and privilege today of seeing President Richard K. Sager and his wonderful wife Lois; who served as my Mission President and Mission Mom 17 years ago when I served in the Tennessee Knoxville Mission (TKM).  The occasion was their report after returning home from another mission in Tennessee, this time as Temple President and Matron of the Nashville temple.

It was so wonderful to see them and to be inspired by their talks.  It was even better to get a few moments to visit with them after the meeting.

Left to right:
Lois Sager, Elder "Dead Cow" Litster, President Richard K. Sager
As a special bonus, President Thomas S. Monson, our beloved prophet and special friend of the Sagers, was in attendance.  I had the honor of shaking his hand and exchanging some pleasantries for a brief moment.  He's an amazing man, and it was wonderful to be in his presence for a short time.

The Sagers have had such a profound impact on my life.  They are two of the most selfless, Christ-like people I've ever met and were an incredible support while I was away from home for 2 years serving the Lord.  I appreciate our friendship that has lasted all these years.  Seeing them today, it was as if no time had passed since our last opportunity to be together.

And speaking of getting together, we're all very excited to start putting together a TKM reunion next Spring... so all of you that served with me under the Sagers in the Knoxville mission, keep watch.  We want all of you to be attendance, so please join our facebook group.  (If that link doesn't work, try this one)

Reunions are so awesome... I've been able to keep in touch with some of my missionary friends over the years, sometimes in person, but mostly through the blessing of electronic communications (instant messaging, email, social networking sites, etc.)  Having in-person reunions can't be beat though, and I hope all of my fellow TKMers will be able to attend ours.

Anyway, welcome home Sagers!  We love you and have missed you!

No comments: