30 April 2007

Mourning the Passing of a Dear Friend




My faithful boombox. You've been with me for almost 20 years. You've gone through everything with me: high school, parties, dances, sports, dates, my mission, work; anywhere I went in my youth, you were right there with me.

You were made superior to the rest, and none have surpassed you since. With your built in Hyper-Bass 3D subwoofer of boom, you delivered hi-fidelity, crazy-delicious sound that brought enjoyment to many; and hours of musical solitude to this big fan of music.

I kept you with me as long as I could. Those that knew me, knew you... we were inseparable. But now the time has come that we must part. Parting is such sweet sorrow. I'll never forget the smooth remixes you helped me create from my CD collection, and how much joy those creations brought me. We were a great team, you and I.

You've touched many lives... many love song compilations and "pick me up" compilations given to friends of the female persuasion. (You also helped me contribute to piracy, you naughty fiend... but we've since repented and are mending our ways...) :)

You've more than fulfilled your function as an emitter of audio; and have made many friends along the way. If any device had audio outputs, you were interfaced with it at some point... VCRs, DVD players, computers, video game consoles, even an old turntable.

Thank you for all the joy that you've brought. You will be sorely missed.

... A moment of silence ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! I'm so sorry about your loss! I too, own this amazing technological candy... and indeed they do have 9 lives. Mine currently has a place of honor in the garage and I'm sure it still works. Whether falling off a bus, being plugged into inappropriate voltage, or half destroyed by the postal system on a cross country trip this boom box of wonders always came through for me.

So together, we'll mourn the loss of yours. And for our own special ceremony, we will play Peaches.